No Fuss Gooey Chocolate Cake
1 cup dry all-purpose baking mix (i.e., Bisquick)
1 cup sugar, divided
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus 3 extra Tablespoons
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 2/3 cups hot water
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the baking mix, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla.
- Spoon the batter into your slow cooker and spread out evenly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, and the hot water.
- Pour this mix over the batter, but DO NOT STIR.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on High for 2-3 hours.
- After two hours, test the cake by sliding a toothpick into the center and pulling it out again. If it looks wet, keep cooking. If it has some dry crumbs on it, it's ready for eating.
- Serve warm with whipped cream (or vanilla ice cream. Or both.)
Home-made Whipped Cream
- Pour a cup of heavy whipping cream into a bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar.
- Blend until relatively firm. Do not over-blend! This will never get quite as stiff as the crap you buy from a grocery store, which is okay, since you don't want those chemicals in your body.
Seriously? You need me to tell you that everyone in our family gave this a 10? Did you READ the recipe?????