Saturday, October 19, 2013

Simple Pasta with Nuts and Cheese

I clipped this recipe from the Columbus Dispatch (aka, the Dogpatch) roughly twenty years ago.  It's one of those recipes that I always forget about, but every time I make it I'm just delighted.  And this last time I made it, the kids loved it.  It's so simple, that it's about to become a staple at our house . . . 

Simple Pasta with Nuts and Cheese 

12 oz. rotini
6 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1-2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

  1. Boil a pot of water and cook your pasta until al dente. 
  2. When the pasta is close to done, heat the butter in a small pan at medium. 
  3. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
  4. Add the nuts and sauté two minutes, until toasted.  Remove from heat. 
  5. Combine pasta, cheeses, parsley, and nuts in a serving dish.  Toss to coat.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  

Family Ratings

Will, who's getting almost easygoing about food:  10
Lucy.  Nuts?!  Cheese?!  You kidding me?!:  10
Jamie, who also likes cheese:  10
Ellen, who can't believe I remembered this recipe after all these years: 10
Paul.  Nuts?!  Cheese?!  You kidding me?!: 10


No comments:

Post a Comment